Location and coordinates are for the approximate centre of Newhaven within this administrative area. Geographic features and populated places may cross administrative borders.
Gazetteer of the British Isles (Edinburgh: Bartholomew, 1887). John Bartholomew
Newhaven, fishing town and quoad sacra par., North Leith par., Edinburghshire, on Firth of Forth, 1 mile W. of Leith and 2½ miles N. of Edinburgh by rail, pop. 4694; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank. Its tidal harbour was reconstructed in 1876-1877 at a cost of £10,000.